Wednesday, 3 November 2010

THROW IT AWAY

About 8/9 months ago I gave up drinking soda. I just threw it away one day and I haven't looked back since.

I was pretty addicted to any kind of fizzy juice - coke, irn bru, anything you can name. I drank it every day without fail and didn't think anything wrong with it at all.
I take good care of myself. I eat right, I exercise and I'm in good shape. Drinking soda on an unhealthy regular basis was the only thing I done that wasn't necessarily good for me. Obviously, there is a lot wrong with it but the issues soda gives you didn't spring to my mind because everyone drinks it so it can't be that bad, right? Wrong.

When coca cola was first introduced it contained an estimated nine milligrams of cocaine per glass. Check the back of your bottle in ingredients you'll see vegetable extracts - coca cola still contains coca flavouring. I don't know about you but I'm not interested in taking lines of cocaine, so why would I want to drink it in my juice? As well as this, soda also increases your risk of obesity, makes your teeth fall out - eventually, and get you addicted to caffeine. Essentially, you are poisoning your body. And, sorry to disappoint you, but diet sodas aren't any better.

Just think about it for a second. Look at the colour of a glass of coke. It's brown. What the fuck are they putting in there to make it that colour? Throw it away. I can guarantee you will feel happier and healthier with yourself. It might take time, but you'll get there.

Once you've given it up, you can't go back. You'll lose the taste for it. Sit in front of me a glass of water and a glass of coke, and I'll take the water every single time.