Sunday, 17 October 2010

DO FRIES COME WITH THAT SHAKE?

Some advice for any guy trying to chat up a girl: DO NOT USE CHAT UP LINES.

What is with chat up lines? Why do people think this pathetic, unoriginal attempt at being funny is going to get them a girlfriend? I have news for you...it's going to do the opposite and you're going to end up going home alone, again.

I work in a bar so I am unfortunately forced to witness the worst chat up attempts take place. I see a guy go up to a girl and say so proudly "When they made the alphabet they should have put U and I together." The girl will usually laugh nervously before returning to her friends and telling them about the complete douche she just had to encounter at the bar.

Chat up lines are so unoriginal and so cringe worthy. Whatever happened to a simple "Hello gorgeous" or "nice legs?" Although these might not be much better, I can guarantee they will do a lot more for you than another tiresome chat up line.

Try and be a bit more original, it will get you so much further.