Sunday, 24 October 2010

IT'S ONLY A GAME

Today, there was a pretty big football game taking place in Glasgow. This game being, the old firm game.

Now, I support one of the old firm teams (the one that won today) but as far as my team winning goes, it really makes no difference to my life whatsoever. Yes, it makes me happy for 10/15 minutes after the game, but that's it.

I cannot stand people who act like their sports team is their life. It's all they talk about, it's all they're interested in, and it controls what type of mood that person is in and how they act for the few days after the big game - it's pathetic.
To the people who get so angry after their team loses a game that they don't even have the ability to talk to someone or be in any kind of normal mood, I have news for you: your sports team doesn't keep you, asshole.
When you're lying on your fucking death bed, are your sports team going to help you? No.

I'm all for supporting sports teams (I support two - Rangers and the Yankees) but I can quite easily take defeat. Why? Because it's not my life. I have so many more important things in my life than a football game.

If you're reading this in a shitty mood because your team lost a game this weekend, get up off your lazy ass and get a fucking life!