Some of you reading this just now might not know what 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' is, so let me explain.
DADT is a law in America which stops anyone in the army/military from disclosing their sexuality. If someone is found out to be gay, they will be discharged and banned from fighting for their county.
DADT has been in the news a lot recently which is the reason I'm posting about it today. And I know you're probably thinking "but he's not gay or American so why is he talking about this?" Well let me tell you a couple of things...First of all, my brother is gay. Secondly, I actually am American. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York City until I was 10 years old. And although I love Scotland and consider it my home now, I will always be an American at heart and I plan on moving back there someday in the future. DADT therefore affects my family and people close to me.
DADT is wrong. You can't justify kicking someone out of the army for being gay. Both gay and straight can fight the same. People who carry so much hate should be the ones kicked out. Whether you like it or not, homophobia is WRONG.
Open your mind up a bit. Let go of your pathetic hate. We're in 2010.
DADT has recently been suspended in America. It will hopefully soon be repealed which means we won't have to see this law again.
Equality is for everyone - deal with it.